Corn Stuffing Balls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs yolks, beaten
- Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter. Add the corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour over croutons. Add egg yolks and mix gently. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing balls. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffing ball: 365 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2013
I make these every Thanksgiving
Aug 11, 2012
I also made these for thanksgiving and one other time. I'm always looking for something different and unique, these qualified. Everyone was amazed and liked them. I used regular corn instead of creamed corn since my husband doesn't like cream corn. It worked out beautifully. Thanks for being so creative. I love it.
Dec 20, 2010
I made this for Thanksgiving, and even though alot of people were like, "Hmmm, is that corn in the stuffing?" Everybody loved them, and my sister-in-law asked me to make them again for Christmas
Sep 25, 2010
this is thee best stuffing I have tasted in a long time. more like MOM use to make .My whole family loved them.