Corn Stuffing Balls
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs yolks, beaten
- 1. Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter. Add the corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour over croutons. Add egg yolks and mix gently. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing balls. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
1 stuffing ball: 365 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 5, 2013
I make these every Thanksgiving
Aug 11, 2012
I also made these for thanksgiving and one other time. I'm always looking for something different and unique, these qualified. Everyone was amazed and liked them. I used regular corn instead of creamed corn since my husband doesn't like cream corn. It worked out beautifully. Thanks for being so creative. I love it.
Dec 20, 2010
I made this for Thanksgiving, and even though alot of people were like, "Hmmm, is that corn in the stuffing?" Everybody loved them, and my sister-in-law asked me to make them again for Christmas
Sep 25, 2010
this is thee best stuffing I have tasted in a long time. more like MOM use to make .My whole family loved them.