Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3 to 5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, gently brown meatballs over medium heat; drain. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 28, 2012
These were yummy and easy to make. 1 child complained about them being too "soft", so they may not be for everybody. The sauce was also good.
Mar 28, 2010
This was a delicious recipe. Everyone went crazy for them. My sister substituted crushed pineapple but it wasn't as good as the applesauce (not as soft).
Feb 2, 2009
i had a similar recipe years ago,and lost it. my family loved it.