Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3 to 5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, gently brown meatballs over medium heat; drain. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2012
These were yummy and easy to make. 1 child complained about them being too "soft", so they may not be for everybody. The sauce was also good.
Mar 28, 2010
This was a delicious recipe. Everyone went crazy for them. My sister substituted crushed pineapple but it wasn't as good as the applesauce (not as soft).
Feb 2, 2009
i had a similar recipe years ago,and lost it. my family loved it.