Applesauce Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 180 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 4, 2017
Tender, moist and very delicious! And easy. Will definitely go into my 'make again file'.
Mar 10, 2016
Tried this last night and we loved it. It is the first time I can ever recall my husband asking what I did to make it so tender. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 12, 2015
This would be a nice presentation for a hosted dinner. The applesauce kept the roast moist.
Aug 29, 2014
delicious! applesauce mix made it extra moist and flavorful.
Jan 9, 2014
Awesome! I made this for my friend and we both loved it! Definitely going into my Family Favorites file.
Dec 12, 2013
Excellent! I used 1/3 of the mustard (I used yellow, that is all I had). I will for sure make this again.
Nov 21, 2013
I made this following the recipe exactly and it turned out moist, tender and tasting AMAZING!!! My new fave!!!
Sep 13, 2013
Perfect every time. I gave this recipe to everyone I could after I tried it the first time. Giving er a try on the barbeque tonight (wrapping it in foil). I'll post again to let you all know how it worked out!
Jul 4, 2013
I adapted this recipe for the crockpot. Just cook on low for eight hours...couldn't be easier! I really like how the apple and rosemary flavors complemented each other. This was a great dinner and I look forward to making it again.
Jun 1, 2013
Can't wait to try it on the grill
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.