Spinach Stuffing Balls
These cute bites are a snap to fix with stuffing mix and frozen spinach. "Over the years, we've held several appetizer parties for our family gatherings," says Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. "These delicious spinach balls are always a big hit."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a bowl, combine eggs, stuffing mix, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 168 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Stuffing Balls in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Nov 7, 2012
Great party food!
Jun 1, 2010
I've had this recipe for over 30 years (except mine includes a finely chopped onion) and people who don't like spinach like these (including children!).