Garden-Fresh Rainbow Chard
Chard, a member of the beet family, is prized for its green leaves and colorful stalks. Stir up these good-for-you greens with garlic and red onion. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 bunches rainbow Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and chard; cook and stir until chard is tender, 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.