Garden-Fresh Chef Salad
For a lot of the year, I can use my garden's produce when I make this cool salad. In spring, it's fresh greens and radishes, and in summer, we have tomatoes, cabbage and carrots. What a good feeling! —Evelyn Gubernath, Bucyrus, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 slices deli turkey, cut into thin strips
- 3 slices deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Thousand Island salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper; toss to coat. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 171 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Garden Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.