Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (1 pound) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and celery seed. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 378 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 27, 2016
I have been making this recipe for years, since it was first published. My family loves it. I often take it to pot-lucks at church or work and get rave reviews every time. I often use a combination of green, yellow, red and orange peppers to give it even more color.
Jul 27, 2014
i got this recipe years ago after it was served at any function at my grandmothers church. i lovingly named the sweet tangy salad "churchlady" salad. I always get great comments and people wanting to take a dish home if any happens to be left over. I have also made this using cider vinegar which gives it a great tangy flavor. Real mayo is a must for this salad.
Sep 9, 2013
I amde this for our Labor Day BBQ. My sister-in-law loved it.
Jun 8, 2013
I made this recipe for potluck and received lots of comments and requests
Jul 2, 2010
Jun 28, 2010
When I made the dressing it was too much. So I only used half. It was also too sweet. I will make this again with half the ingredients for the dressing and less sugar. It's a keeper. :)
May 4, 2010
Delicious! I made it for a church function. My daughter wants to try it with frozen peas next time. I used Miracle Whip Light as I don't like mayo. I will also sub Splenda or Truvia for all or part of the sugar for us to eat at home to reduce the calories. It's a keeper.
Apr 25, 2010
excellent salad - large quantity for potluck or family gatherings
Apr 22, 2010
WOW! This recipe is absolutely delicious!!!! Everyone kept asking me what was in it that made it so good! I am keeping this recipe and will be making it again for sure. Thank you, Debbie Albright!P.S. I doubled it and it fed a crowd and there was even enough leftover to send some home with folks!