Swiss Chard with Onions & Garlic
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add vinegar, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pot. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4-6 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 159 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Jul 19, 2019
Delicious as written. I added some crumbled Feta cheese
Apr 4, 2019
Nancy--it appears the photo used rainbow chard, which comes in those pretty colors!
Mar 13, 2018
Confused by photo, which doesn't agree with ingredients listed. Photo appears to show mini red and yellow peppers in the dish. Wondering what other ingredients might be in that dish that aren't as obvious?
Jan 15, 2017
Wow, so good! I had Cabernet balsamic vinegar on hand so I used that. Cut in half for hubby and me. Quick, easy and yummy!
Aug 3, 2016
This is an excellent side dish and very bulky and delicious.
Mar 6, 2015
This was so delicious and fresh-tasting! LOVED the walnuts in it!!!
Feb 28, 2015
Really tasty and beautiful. We omitted the walnuts due to an allergy, but it was so good even without them. The whole family enjoyed it, and I found it quick and easy to make on a busy weeknight. Will definitely make again.