Rainbow Pepper Medley
“This colorful, crunchy salad is a delicious way to use your summer harvest of peppers. It’s handy because it is prepared ahead of time.” —Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 75 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Rainbow Pepper Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2010