- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter for 1 minute. Add orange juice and bay leaf; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened, about 4 minutes. add the cranberry sauce, broth, pecans and vinegar; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the salt, pepper, sugar and remaining butter until butter is melted. Discard bay leaf. Remove 1/4 cup sauce and stir in preserves; spoon over roast. Set remaining sauce aside. Bake roast 45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forFruit-Pecan Pork Roast
"Roast was very moist and tender, I added lemon zest and a dash of nutmeg to the sauce, it was perfection.I will make this again."
"Sauce was very tasty & meat was juicy. I always place roasts in a preheated oven to seal in the juices. After removal from oven, I made slits in roast (into slices) & poured a bit more sauce & left it to marinate for a bit before serving. Looks festive & definitely will be making it again. Sauce is great on chicken as well."