- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 to 6 firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Sift flour and confectioners' sugar into a bowl. Add milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-in. skillet; add about 3 tablespoons batter, spreading to almost cover bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter (make 10-12 pancakes), greasing skillet as needed.
- For filling, melt butter in large skillet. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened. Add half of the bananas at a time to skillet; heat for 2-3 minutes, spooning sauce over them. Remove from the heat.
- Roll a pancake around each banana half and place on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pancakes. Top with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon if desired. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Reviews forFrench Banana Pancakes
"We've been making these for years. Delicious."
"Delicious and easy."
"The flavor is terrific! We love this recipe even my husband who does not like a crepe type pancake You have to try this one... I made extra filling to serve with this."
"One of my family's favorites."
"I love the filling but I would suggest less butter. When it cools a little it is easy to spot pools of butter separated from the cream. I guess the flavor won't suffer much if less butter is used."
"Super yummy!! I've never tasted anything quite like it. The filling is perfect to top on frozen waffles or french toast! Five star recipe!!!"
"Haven't made, but want to ASAP, based on reviews. What's the best way to keep warm so everyone can eat together?"
"This recipe was really easy and also good. If you want a lighter version, use no sugar in the batter and soy/almond milk instead of milk."