Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in egg. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cream and sherry or broth; pour over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Remove roll-ups and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Add cream sauce from the baking dish. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over roll-ups.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed fillets: 510 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 17, 2014
I didn't have flounder on hand, but I had Talapia and Basa Fillet. I used one of each and they were both totally delicious! This recipe is incredibly simple and fast. I loved it and will for sure make it again. Thanks Katie!
May 5, 2013
Made the roll ups according to the recipe but instead of the sage and nutmeg, I used 1 1/2tsp old Bay seasoning. Turned out excellent. My husband who is finicky about fish loved it. The sauce was great on it. Would definitely make it again.