Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 flounder fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in egg. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cream and sherry or broth; pour over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Remove roll-ups and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Add cream sauce from the baking dish. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over roll-ups.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 519 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 17, 2014
I didn't have flounder on hand, but I had Talapia and Basa Fillet. I used one of each and they were both totally delicious! This recipe is incredibly simple and fast. I loved it and will for sure make it again. Thanks Katie!
May 5, 2013
Made the roll ups according to the recipe but instead of the sage and nutmeg, I used 1 1/2tsp old Bay seasoning. Turned out excellent. My husband who is finicky about fish loved it. The sauce was great on it. Would definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.