I've been making this recipe for more than 40 years. You can also spread the filling on small rolls and serve them as an appetizer. —June Strang, Grand Blanc, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. Carefully hollow out each roll, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Spread inside of rolls with butter. In a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, celery mayonnaise, parsley, seafood seasoning, if desired, and paprika; divide between rolls. Wrap each in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 661 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Crabmeat Boats in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.