"I sometimes have unexpected dinner guests, so I keep the ingredients for this easy microwave entree on hand," relates Beverly Callison of Memphis, Tennessee. Prepared pastry shells overflow with a creamy combination of canned crab and mushrooms. "I serve this with a packaged salad and receive lots of compliments on the meal."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, place butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Add the mushrooms, onions and pimientos. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Add the cheese, crab, salt and cayenne.
- Cook, covered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Spoon into the pastry shells; sprinkle with parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 627 calories, 43g fat (22g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 5, 2014
This extremely easy to make recipe is delicious!
Mar 3, 2011
This is not only good, but good presentation also.
Dec 23, 2010
easy, fun and elegant. I like most stuff served in these shells!