Baked Banana Boats
Kids can make their own baked banana boats with custom toppings. We use different berries and honey or peanut butter instead of chocolate chips. These baked bananas are also good topped with crushed graham crackers or granola—whatever your family likes. —Rebekah Viers, Taylors, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with pineapple, granola, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until chips are softened.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 220 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.