Add a salad and crusty rolls to this full-flavored steak, and you have a simple but excellent meal for family or guests. This steak is also great cooked on the grill.
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut an 1/8-in.-deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place in the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p41
Reviews forFlavorful Marinated Flank Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
"This is THE BEST recipe of all time! Everyone raves about how tender and flavorful the meat is. I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. ALWAYS A HIT!"
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2012
"Delicious flavor and takes just minutes to prepare marinade."