Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 frozen breaded cheddar cheese jalapeno peppers, thawed
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup salsa con queso dip
- 1/4 cup sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and salsa. Shape into four patties. Place a jalapeno in the center of each; wrap beef around jalapeno, forming a ball. Reshape into patties, about 3-1/2 to 4 in. in diameter and 1 in. thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Spread bun tops with guacamole. On each bun bottom, layer lettuce, a burger, salsa con queso dip, tomatoes, olives and onion; replace tops.
Aug 21, 2013
Delicious burgers! I served these with potato salad and pasta salad for a nice summer dinner on a very hot night.
Jan 11, 2013
Wonderful Was expensive to make for just two people but we have decided to make more next time and invite people over. Great flavor. Probably the best burger I have ever had.
Jul 22, 2012
I love this! Tasty & easy :)
Apr 18, 2010
I must warn you... this burger is very messy to eat, but it's so worth it! I love it. I make my own nacho sauce, instead of the store-bought, which I like better. I think these are delicious and definitely worth trying.
Apr 28, 2009
This burger was outstanding, will definitely be making this recipe again.
Mar 23, 2009
Way too much on a burger! Couldn't even get my mouth around it. Very messy.