- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 frozen breaded cheddar cheese jalapeno peppers, thawed
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup salsa con queso dip
- 1/4 cup sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- In a bowl, combine the beef and salsa. Shape into four patties. Place a jalapeno in the center of each; wrap beef around jalapeno, forming a ball. Reshape into patties, about 3-1/2 to 4 in. in diameter and 1 in. thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Spread guacamole over toasted side of bun tops. On each bun bottom, layer lettuce, a burger, con queso dip, tomatoes, olives and onion; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFirecracker Burgers
"Wonderful Was expensive to make for just two people but we have decided to make more next time and invite people over. Great flavor. Probably the best burger I have ever had."
"I love this! Tasty & easy :)"
"I must warn you... this burger is very messy to eat, but it's so worth it! I love it. I make my own nacho sauce, instead of the store-bought, which I like better. I think these are delicious and definitely worth trying."
"This burger was outstanding, will definitely be making this recipe again."
"Way too much on a burger! Couldn't even get my mouth around it. Very messy."