- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preserves of your choice, optional
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, water and vanilla; cover and process until well blended. Combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a greased 8-in. skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom. Cook over medium heat until top appears dry; turn and cook 10-20 seconds longer. If desired, spread preserves over pancakes; roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews forFestive French Pancakes
"Yummy... I fill them with whatever fruit I have and top them with vanilla flavoured custard cream. No confectioners sugar needed. Kids absolutely love it."