Fast Italian Vegetable Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini; saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the corn, tomato, basil, salt and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 93 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 21, 2012
Great flavor! I made half the recipe with one zucchini and that was plenty. It takes a little while to prepare, but well worth it.
Aug 3, 2010
This is a great tasting recipe which uses many garden vegetables. Also works with yellow summer squash.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.