Speedy Stovetop Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Saute the sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti, parsley, basil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 568 calories, 37g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1636mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 23, 2018
This is delicious except that next time I will increase the pasta, decrease the tomatoes and increase tomato sauce and water. There were just way too many diced tomatoes for our liking.
Aug 18, 2014
Good recipe to have on hand for unexpected company. I used ground beef and will add more spaghetti next time. Great flavor!
Jul 29, 2013
It's tasty but too much tomato liquid for me. I will use a smaller can of tomato sauce and more pasta next time I make it. Taste improves the 2nd time it is served... More zesty/
Oct 19, 2012
This turned out perfect! I substituted spinach and feta chicken sausage for the Italian sausage. Great recipe.
Sep 29, 2012
I loved the fact that this is a one pan meal. Next time I will increase the liquid and add more pasta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.