Family Picnic Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups corn chips
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and corn chips. Serve immediately.
Mar 2, 2017
This is a fabulous recipe. I've been using it for years. My family loves it. Easy to change according to the veggies you have.
May 23, 2015
Good combination of ingredients. I used a flavored balsamic vinegar and olive oil with garlic salt, seasoned salt, and Italian herbs. I also cut back on the amount of dressing by about half. It turned out great.
Sep 3, 2013
I have made this several times and always a big hit! Just made again Sunday for a church picnic and had a request for the recipe. I even lighten it up a little by adding NO cheese and Lite dressing. I have even in the past not add the corn chips and left them on the side to be added to individual servings.
May 1, 2013
I love this salad - and it is so healthy too! [Esp. if you use a fat-free catalina and leave out the corn chips]. My hubby loves it as well!The last time I made it, I did not have any zucchini or white corn, so I used a yellow squash and reg. can of yellow corn in place and it was still great.
May 8, 2009
We enjoyed this salad -- it's different from anything I make on a regular basis -- fun for a change! My advice would be not to add the corn chips to the serving bowl -- let each person add their own. The chips do not stay crisp if you have leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.