Simple Luncheon Salad
"For a bridal shower or summer buffet, this colorful crunchy chicken salad is a perfect choice," notes Pat Stevens, field editor from Granbury, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 to 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups each torn Bibb, leaf and iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper, pickle relish, carrot and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine the lettuces; place on a serving platter or individual salad plates. Top with chicken salad, cheese, grapes, oranges and almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 464 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Almond Fruited Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.