- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 12 miniature sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat lime vinaigrette
- Optional ingredients: cotija cheese, lime wedges and tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, chili powder and salt. Rub onto both sides of steak.
- Place peppers and onion on a grilling grid; place on grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; add tomatoes during the last 2 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Place steak and corn directly on grill rack; close lid. Grill steak 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for medium rare; grill corn 10-12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Divide greens and cilantro among four bowls. Cut corn from cobs and thinly slice steak across the grain; place in bowls. Top with vegetables; drizzle with vinaigrette. If desired, serve with cheese, lime and tortillas. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFajita in a Bowl
"We made this recipe last summer and loved it! Very healthy, light and refreshing. I will be making again this year!"
"Fantastic! The combination of flavors together, including the vinaigrette was light, refreshing, and out of this world. I couldn't find pre-made lime vinaigrette so I just used a simple recipe I found online to make it from scratch."
"This salad makes a beautiful presentation-nice enough for company. The rub for the meat is delicious. My husband is not a big fan of lime, so I made a dressing using a blend of ranch dressing and salsa. I will definitely make this again."