Spicy Fajita Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) V8 juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the V8 juice, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 18, 2017
Delicious! My "normal" chili uses beef so I liked the variation of using pork. It didn't quite have a fajita flavor but it was scrumptious nonetheless. Let it simmer a bit longer if you have the time.0
Mar 9, 2014
Excellent! It was so easy to make ... loved the flavor; just the right amount of spice!
Feb 22, 2014
Very easy to make and quite tasty! It lives up to its spicy name.
Feb 22, 2014
So tasty and easy. We all loved it! Will make again!
May 29, 2011
Very easy and quick very taste very good. I will make it always
Mar 30, 2011
My husband rarely eats leftovers but I swear I think he would eat this for a whole week straight! I have to at least half the chili powder in it because I don't care for spicy food but even half still gives it a kick. Wonderful recipe, we love it.
Nov 1, 2010
I won a chili cook-off in our town with this recipe. I did add cumin and substituted black beans for half of the chili beans when I doubled the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.