Fair-Favorite Corn Dogs
Bring the county fair home to your kitchen with these summer-ready corn dogs. A tip for dipping: Pour the batter in a tall mason jar and dunk your dogs to create an even coating all around. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes10 corn dogs
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 wooden skewers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk milk and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Let stand for 15 minutes. Insert skewers into hot dogs; dip into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 corn dog: 352 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Fair Favorite Corn Dogs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.