Candy Corn Quesadillas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) salsa con queso dip, warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2-2/3 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; heat through, stirring occasionally. Brush butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Place one tortilla in a large skillet, buttered side down. Spread with 1 cup chicken mixture; top with another tortilla, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Turn quesadilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup queso dip over quesadilla; carefully sprinkle cheese along outer edge. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove to a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed chips over queso dip. Cut quesadilla into six wedges. Place a small dollop of sour cream at the point of each wedge. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 310 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 3, 2014
Tasty, but really heavy. We ate them as a dinner. Would definitely just eat one slice as an appetizer next time.
Oct 28, 2013
a good recipe, especially when you have a quesadilla maker!! The chicken mixture tasted great!
Oct 28, 2013
This recipe was DEILICIOUS!!! I love how festive it is for Halloween and the whole family loved them! I could eat this everyday. The only thing I did different was cook the shredded cheese in with the chicken filled.
Sep 26, 2013
Absolutely delicious! The sweetness from the barbecue sauce and corn was a nice balance to the spiciness of the salsa and smokiness of the cumin. This would be fun to serve for October football viewing! Pair it with a microbrew and you have a winner! Forget the 7 Layer Bean Dip!
Aug 12, 2013
I just received my Sept./Oct. 2013 issue of TOH & was so excited to see this recipe! What a cute idea!
Oct 11, 2012
I plan on making this at Thanksgiving along with some little eatable sweet pumpkins. I give this 5 stars for being so creative, I'll tell you how it comes out and what my family thinks of them at Thanksgiving. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.