- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Stir together all casserole ingredients; pour into a greased 12-in. x 8-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. To make the sauce, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth. Heat remaining broth to boiling in a saucepan; gradually whisk in cornstarch-broth mixture and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth; add mushrooms and green onions. To serve, cut casserole into squares and top with mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEgg FooYoung Casserole
"oh as a side note this makes a great paleo friendly meal. It is great if qatching carb count!"
"This makes a great base for a chinese meal without alot of grease. My family picks individual proteins that we stirfry with veggies and put on top before covering with the sauce. We do this in a larger pan so we get thinner amounts and more of a crust so closer to original egg foo young. Very happy with this recipe!"