- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, beans, broth, taco seasoning and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forEasy Vegetable Soup
"The base for this recipe is awesome. Didnt care for frozen veggies in the first batch so hence the four stars. For second batch, used canned veggies, used more taco seasoning (because I like the heat), and simmered for two hours. Was pretty amazing with these changes unless you dont mind frozen veggies. Cant beat the flavor for the simplicity."
"My family LOVES this soup. The taco season I chose was a little bitty but even through they don't do spicy, they still loved this!"