Vegetable Carrot Soup
This blended soup is loaded with vegetables, so it's delicious as well as good for you. Plus, its beautiful golden color adds a special touch to your table. —Bertha McClung, Summersville, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium-low heat, saute carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar in oil for 5 minutes. Add broth, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the kettle and heat through.