Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- Place all ingredients except romaine and tortillas in a large bowl; toss to combine. To serve, place romaine on tortillas; top with bean mixture and roll up, securing with toothpicks if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2016
This was good for a quick mid-week meal. The shallots were a little strong for me. I was missing cheese in this so I added just a bit before I wrapped them up.
Nov 6, 2014
This was really good, and pretty quick to make. I left out the jalapeno since my son was eating it, but I bet it would be even better with it included. I added a little over a pound of chicken by cutting it up into bite-sized pieces, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and then just cooking it in a pan. To compensate for that added ingredients, I doubled the sauce and spices and it was just the right amount of coating.
Mar 7, 2014
These were delicious and my husband said this has to be a regular from now on. I think this would be good with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream.
Mar 3, 2014
I was looking for a quick tasty lunch. This hit the spot!! Taste Of Home never let's me down.
Feb 24, 2013
Cooked several times already. Love it.
Mar 25, 2012
Really good lunch. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream & added mexican blend cheese to wrap.
Mar 19, 2012
Great tasting even without the rice. I didn't have cilantro which I think would have made it even better. For the kids sake I did not use jalapeno. Roma tomatoes are less juicy so I used those and left out the rice for a quick toss together for a meal. We all loved it! Definetly would make again with all the ingredients!