Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- Place all ingredients except romaine and tortillas in a large bowl; toss to combine. To serve, place romaine on tortillas; top with bean mixture and roll up, securing with toothpicks if desired. Cut in half.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 halves: 295 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Dec 22, 2016
This was good for a quick mid-week meal. The shallots were a little strong for me. I was missing cheese in this so I added just a bit before I wrapped them up.
Nov 6, 2014
This was really good, and pretty quick to make. I left out the jalapeno since my son was eating it, but I bet it would be even better with it included. I added a little over a pound of chicken by cutting it up into bite-sized pieces, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and then just cooking it in a pan. To compensate for that added ingredients, I doubled the sauce and spices and it was just the right amount of coating.
Mar 7, 2014
These were delicious and my husband said this has to be a regular from now on. I think this would be good with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream.
Mar 3, 2014
I was looking for a quick tasty lunch. This hit the spot!! Taste Of Home never let's me down.
Feb 24, 2013
Cooked several times already. Love it.
Mar 25, 2012
Really good lunch. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream & added mexican blend cheese to wrap.
Mar 19, 2012
Great tasting even without the rice. I didn't have cilantro which I think would have made it even better. For the kids sake I did not use jalapeno. Roma tomatoes are less juicy so I used those and left out the rice for a quick toss together for a meal. We all loved it! Definetly would make again with all the ingredients!