Easy Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9 inches)
- Additional pie crust, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pie crust. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pie crust to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 275 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2018
So delicious! Our guests for Thanksgiving left with this recipe!
Nov 9, 2017
10 ingredients? I don't think so. Pie shell, one large can of pumpkin, 3 eggs, one can of evaporated milk, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. 8 ingredients. Been making this for 45 years and my mom and grandma for 60 years before that.
Nov 8, 2017
Texture was perfect! I've been making pumpkin pies for 40 years and this one had the absolute best texture ever. It wasn't runny and cooked in the exact time it was supposed to. I used a whole 15 oz. can of pumpkin and 12 oz. can of evaporated milk and doubled everything else except the cinnamon. This made 2 deep-dish pies instead of one, and nothing was wasted. I didn't care too much for the maple flavoring, though -- I guess I prefer the traditional spices.
Nov 30, 2016
The name isn't lying. It really is easy. I love the addition of maple to the pumpkin pie. It's absolutely delicious! Do not mistake the maple syrup for pancake syrup. You want 100% real maple syrup.
Aug 29, 2014
While the recipe was very good as written, I've made some changes to get perfect for us: replaced maple syrup with molasses, decreased cinnamon to 1/2 tsp, and eliminated the maple flavoring.
Dec 6, 2013
I made my first pumpkin pie on thanksgiving and i use this recipe and my friends and family love it.
Oct 28, 2013
This recipe was a good one! I gave it a 4 star because it was a good base (starter) pie. Next time I make it I wont be using ANY of the maple ingredients as it was too strong a flavor for my tastes. Also, all that liquid left the pie runny and I had to leave it in the oven for 40 minutes longer (90 minutes total). Not that it was a big deal, just unexpected.. But other than that, I recommend giving it a shot!
Apr 1, 2013
Just remember not to let them just how easy it was .Recieved many compliments on this pumpkin pie! Definetly a keeper
Feb 6, 2013
Yummy! I omitted the maple flavoring and it still tasted great.
Dec 23, 2012
Easy & delicious