- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Beat butter and eggs until blended. Beat in cake mix and oats. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to roll, though dough will remain fairly soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Oatmeal Cream Pies
"Frosting as a filling? ? What a disappointment.."
"These are especially good with the whipped fluffy vanilla frosting! I didn't roll them out, just dropped them with a cookie scoop. They were thicker that way, but still good."