- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Pico de gallo, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken Enchiladas
"Enjoyed the enchiladas very much. Agree with comments below regarding the dryness. The only problem is trying to cut the recipe down as shown is way too much for two people. Is it possible to cook and freeze or prepare and freeze a portion of the recipe?"
"My family really enjoyed these enchiladas. I used green onion instead of regular onions because it makes the dish look prettier. I also baked these a little bit longer in the oven to make sure it was hot enough in the center. Great dish."
"I leave out the onions and add 1/2cup salsa and then serve with more salsa, lettuce and chopped tomato!"
"These had a good flavor but when I eat Mexican food I expect heat or at least a hot dish. There was no need to cool these because they were not hot to eat. It was more of lukewarm temperature when served immediately. The one reason for this is due to the coldness of the sour cream. I did make chicken strips and laid them on the tortilla and then added the mixture on top of that. This allows the chicken to be spread evenly and I like bigger chunks of chicken in my Mexican Enchiladas."
"I made this for company and everybody loved it. I used green onions instead of regular onions, and thought they added a nice touch. Also, I got 16 enchiladas out of this recipe. Great recipe!"
"About to cook up some tonight. Can't wait. Looks easy and delilious."
"Loved them, will make them again."