- 1 pound mild or spicy Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add green chilies, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup Jack cheese, butter and pepper sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in eggs, then sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and set, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Cheesy Loaded Grits
"What an outstanding recipe! The grits are creamy, cheesy, and absolutely delicious! Although I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and we both had second helpings, I was happy that we still had enough leftovers for another meal. A new favorite and something I plan on making often!"
"Hi Cooksuk,Grits are white hominy ( corn) kind of like corn bread mix I think..it may be called something else in the UK.."
"What are grits (for those in UK) ? Sorry can't really rate as haven't made. Wish you didn't have to rate to submit a question!"
"This is a must try recipe! Made as written or with modifications it is a great anytime-meal and just as great the next day. For my spicy-loving family, used hot bulk sausage. Amount of cheese can be greatly reduced and still be fabulous! As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I enjoy recipes that are versatile and can feed a large family."
"We devoured this and makes a great leftover since there is 2 of us. We used andoullie sausage instead."
"Very good. Will make again, didn't read correct and only used 1 can instead of three of the chiles but still a good satisfying dish! Saving this one."