Children reach with both hands for these buttery tender mini muffins. Cinnamon-spiced and made with applesauce, they’re easy to bake on a moment’s notice. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup reserved Double-Duty Heavenly Applesauce or other cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in applesauce and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Duty Applesauce Mini Muffins in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews forDouble-Duty Applesauce Mini Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2016
"Very delicious !! I made mine into a loaf instead of the muffin and increase the baking time to 30 minutes!!"