Dad’s Quick Bagel Omelet Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
- 4 plain bagels, split
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, tomato, salt and pepper sauce. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are set. Meanwhile, heat bacon in the microwave and toast bagels if desired.
- Layer bagel bottoms with cheese. Cut omelet into fourths and serve on bagels with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 1097mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 1, 2011
Yummy in my tummy...and hey, a Dad who fixes his kids breakfast? 1,000 mg sodium or not, he's PRICELESS! GO DAD!!! :) :) :) These kids are being nourished on LOVE!!!
Aug 27, 2010
This is to die for!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't mean to be picky but I don't think that I would start my kids day off with something that has over 1,000 mg of sodium. Low sodium ham and egg substitute would be my choice.
Aug 26, 2010
I will make this recipe for my 9 year old daughter. She is not crazy about bagels, so will try croissants. Thank you.
Jul 23, 2009
This sandwich is great!! My kids love bagels, especially toasted.
Jul 8, 2009
I would prefer an English Muffin or a Croissant to the bagel.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.