Cast Iron Scrambled Eggs
I love these easy cast-iron scrambled eggs, which use fresh ingredients that I usually have on hand. They make a quick and simple breakfast! &mash; Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place a 10-in. cast-iron skillet on grill rack over medium-hot heat. In the skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in butter until tender. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese and chives; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.