Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen appetizers
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in the chicken, onion and celery.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm (can refrigerate up to 2 days).
Nutrition Facts3 each: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2014
This is absolutely delicious. Can also be used on a croissant for a wonderful lunch along with a spinach salad.
May 29, 2011
Very tasty and different appetizer. Well, I thought it was different, but as it turned out someone else also brought a curried chicken type of appetizer to the party! I suppose curry dishes are becoming more popular. Anyway, these were widely enjoyed. I had some left over, and my family enjoyed eating them over the next couple days--quite a treat!