Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen appetizers
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in the chicken, onion and celery.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm (can refrigerate up to 2 days).
Nutrition Facts3 each: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 9, 2019
They are delicious HOWEVER the only reason I’m giving them a 1 star rating is because they DO NOT make 5 dozen! You would have to triple the recipe at least!
Nov 12, 2014
This is absolutely delicious. Can also be used on a croissant for a wonderful lunch along with a spinach salad.
May 29, 2011
Very tasty and different appetizer. Well, I thought it was different, but as it turned out someone else also brought a curried chicken type of appetizer to the party! I suppose curry dishes are becoming more popular. Anyway, these were widely enjoyed. I had some left over, and my family enjoyed eating them over the next couple days--quite a treat!