Curry Chicken Breasts
This palate-pleasing sauce combines the savory flavors of curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chili sauce, onion, and hot pepper sauce. Prepared on the stovetop, it's ready in no time.—Barbara Arbuckle, High Point, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, curry powder, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Add onion. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Breasts in Quick Cooking November/December 2003