Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt, curry powder and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, almonds and onion. Spoon into puffs; replace tops. Place on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
1 cream puff: 98 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.