Creamy Spring Soup
“At the end of a tiring cold day, I wanted something quick and warm,” recalls Dora Handy of Alliance, Ohio. “I whipped up this filling soup in a flash.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 baby carrots, julienned
- 1/2 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the macaroni, milk and spinach; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 207 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 whole milk.
Originally published as Creamy Spring Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.