- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut broccoli
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Drain; return to pan. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Noodle Casserole
"It was okay. Definitely need to add seasoning"
"I left out the ham to have a vegetarian meal. I mostly eyeballed the sauce to determine the amounts and it turned out very creamy. I did mix the sauce ingredients separately and then added them to the pasta. I also added basil with the other seasonings. I used fresh broccoli and cooked it before adding it to the pasta and I used less butter than called for. It was all very good."
"I halved the recipe because there's only 2 of us. I also, of course, did some tweaking. I doubled the Parmesan and fat-free half-and-half. I used less butter and more garlic, salt and pepper. Then, to make it creamier, I used 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Next time, I think I'll use an Italian blend of shredded cheese instead of mozzarella because it's too stringy. But I like the combination of ingredients and will definitely make it again."
"Frankly, I would triple the sauce ingredients and mix them separately in a bowel, then add. The recommendations to saute the ham with onion and seasonings before adding are good too. Otherwise, a good comfort food dish and a way of using leftover ham."
"Whole Family thought this was very good. I did saute the hame and seasonings with some onion. Then added to the rest. Really good but I would double the sauce to make creamier."
"So good! Whole family liked it. I used fresh broccoli-steamed. Fried 1/4 cup onion in some butter, added ham (instead of boiling) added a clove of garlic(instead of powder). Only had two cups of ham otherwise everything was the same and was great!"
"SO easy and SO good! I used green beans instead of broccoli and I actually looked forward to eating the leftovers!"
"Very good and very simple. I used less mozzarella cheese, less butter, and skim milk rather than half and half to make it a little healthier."