Creamy Green Bean Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups frozen french-style green beans
- 5 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 5 tablespoons french-fried onions, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, beat soup and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the green beans, 4 tablespoons cheese, 4 tablespoons onions and sour cream. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 266 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2016
I made this for Thanksgiving. I made a larger quantity than the recipe called for, so I added an entire can of cream of mushroom soup, an entire bag of frozen French cut green beans, and more sour cream and cream cheese. Maybe I should have thawed out the green beans first, because after I baked it for about 35 minutes or so, the green beans were still sort of crunchy. My proportions of ingredients seemed a bit off because it came out with too much of the sour cream and cream cheese mixture. I think I would try it with canned French cut green beans next time.
Aug 3, 2014
Question: Can fresh garden beans be used in this recipe? if so, do the beans need to be blanched?
Dec 26, 2012
Every body loved it. I multiplied it up to serve for 15 people!! It was great!!
Nov 25, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving. It's a great meal for two.
Nov 21, 2011
lacked in flavor I thought
Dec 11, 2009
It was so delicious. I will make it over and over again !