"Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips," remarks Jeannette Mack from her home in Rushville, New York.
Recommended: Our Best-Ever Chocolate Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Frosting in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p64
Reviews forCreamy Chocolate Frosting
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review