- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, cream and cream cheese. Cook and stir just until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimientos, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, Parmesan cheese and chips. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
"Of the four of us, two were so-so and two really liked it. I'll probably make it again."
"This was so so so good. I would minus the almonds. Oh my word! Delightful. Definitely need to find a way to lighten it up. It's so fattening"
"This was very good!!! Definitely a comfort food!!! I basically made it as is, except that I didn't bother toasting the almonds beforehand; instead, I just went ahead and added all the toppings before baking the casserole for 25 minutes... I also left out the mushrooms due to our tastes, and used a bit more onion and celery to compensate for the mushroom's absence. My family LOVED it!!"
"I usually wait until somebody else has reviewed a recipe before i try it out...but in this case it just sounded so good i decided to go ahead and try it. It was a big hit! My husband said to keep this one handy! So i'll definitely be making this again soon! Thanks for submitting this one! It's great!"