- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup whipping cream, stiffly beaten
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; let stand 30 minutes. Add next five ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped cream; chill before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Waldorf Salad
"A delicious and different treat for potlucks."
"I made half a recipe for our family gatherings of eight. The only change I made was that I used Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. Very good and less fat and calories."
"I was given this recipe over 40 years ago and it is still a family favorite for Thanksgiving dinner. My old recipe had one direction differently - whip the cream and fold in the miniature marshmallows, then let that set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Otherwise, it is identical to this recipe and always a winner!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it."
"slocook805, they are good for you."
"I think someone needs to look up the definition of "Waldorf salad". This is a variation of Ambrosia. 1 star for the inclusion of marshmallows, sorry but I can't stand 'em."