Our test cooks came up with this lighter n pear tart with dried cranberries. While it’s delicious as is, it would also be good served warm with ice cream. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 45 Skinny Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the pears, cranberries, apple juice concentrate and apple pie spice over medium heat until pears are tender. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Tart in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p16