Cran-Orange Turkey Bagel
"I adapted the recipe for this tasty turkey sandwich from a deli where I worked," recalls Tanya Smeins of Kalamazoo, Michigan. "To make it easier to eat, we often dip each bite into the cranberry mixture instead of spreading it inside."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 onion bagels or flavor of your choice, split and toasted
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- In a bowl, mash mandarin oranges with a fork. Stir in cranberry sauce. Spread cream cheese over the bottom of each bagel; top with turkey and cran-orange sauce. Replace bagel tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 514 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Turkey Bagel in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Nov 22, 2010
I used an onion bun instead of a bagel, and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had!
May 12, 2008
This has become a staple in our house--we eat it almost once a week. It's excellent with the onion bagels (sounds weird, but give it a try).